McNaughton Correctional Center
Mr. Bradley Kosbab, Superintendent
8500 Rainbow Road
Lake Tomahawk, WI 54539-9558
Phone: (715) 277-2484
Fax: (715) 277-2293
Visiting Information - English
Visiting Information - Spanish
Institution Annual Report
Sending Money, Mail, & Property
Information on the McNaughton Correctional Center (MCC)
MCC is located just west of the Town of Lake Tomahawk, on State Forest Road D, in Oneida County. The center is made up of seven buildings and is located on a 60-acre parcel on Little Tomahawk Lake.
The original MCC, located in the town of McNaughton, was built in 1931 as a state correctional forestry camp, receiving inmates transferred from the Green Bay Reformatory. In 1957, the Lake Tomahawk Tuberculosis Rehabilitation Camp at Lake Tomahawk closed and its buildings and grounds were deeded to the Department of Corrections which moved MCC to this facility. Today, some of the original structures from the Tuberculosis Camp built in 1910 are on the National Register of Historic Buildings.
The center has a rated capacity of 102 adult male inmates. Inmates at MCC have been transferred to the facility from major prisons and other centers and will soon be released to their home communities. Twenty-two permanent staff (15 security and seven non-security) members provide supervision and programs to the inmates.
Programs offered at MCC
All inmates are assigned to full-time work assignments supporting center operations. A crew of 12 inmates work off-grounds daily, completing community service and state forestry projects. The center places 40 to 50 inmates out on work release and public trust assignments in local communities. MCC also operates a sawmill, a small wood production shop and a cabinet shop. On-grounds, GED/HSED classes, and alcohol and chemical dependency support groups are available.