Skip to main content

Home  >  News & Media  >  FAQ

News & Media

FAQ About News & Media
How do I make a media inquiry?
Media inquiries and media public record requests should be sent to

Can the media photograph or videotape a DOC institution?
All requests to enter onto secure institution property, including institution parking lots, for purposes of videotaping or taking photographs should be made through the Office of Public Affairs (608-240-5060). The DOC may have photographs or videos already that may serve your need. Photographs taken from public property, such as a road or sidewalk adjacent to the institution, do not need specific clearance, however, please call ahead of time and let the Office of Public Affairs know so security at the institution can be informed of the activity.

Can the media obtain photographs of DOC institutions?
The Office of Public Affairs maintains a library of photographs of DOC correctional institutions. Contact the office (608-240-5060) for more information on available photographs.