Protect the public, our staff and those in our charge.
Provide opportunities for positive change and success.
Promote, inform and educate others about our programs and successes.
Partner and collaborate with community service providers and other criminal justice entities.
To achieve excellence in correctional practices while fostering safety for victims and communities.
Every person - Every Family - Every Community Matters.
We are accountable to each other and the citizens of Wisconsin.
- We manage our resources in an efficient, effective, sustainable, and innovative manner.
- We demonstrate competence and proficiency in the work necessary to accomplish our mission.
- We take individual responsibility for how we plan, perform, and manage our work.
We do what’s right - legally and morally - as demonstrated by our actions.
- We value courage, candor, and conviction of purpose.
- We expect ethical behavior and integrity in all we do.
- We require honesty, adherence to the law, and the fair and equitable treatment of others.
We recognize employees as the department’s most important resource.
- We work towards building a workforce of diverse individuals who achieve great things together.
- We recognize exemplary performance.
- We advocate in the best interest of our workforce.
We value safety – for our employees, the people in our charge and the citizens we serve.
- We provide the resources and training necessary for employees to safely accomplish our mission.
- We operate safe and secure facilities.
- We offer opportunities for offenders to become productive members of their communities.
We expect competence and professionalism in our communications, demeanor, and appearance.
- We demonstrate knowledge and skills within our areas of responsibility.
- We respond effectively and appropriately in our interactions and communications.
- We treat all people with dignity and respect.
- We recognize that we have one opportunity to make a positive first impression.