Contact Us

​​​If you are reporting a medical emergency, you feel unsafe or threatened, or wish to report criminal activity, contact local law enforcement or call 911.

Media Inquiries

If you are a member of the media, please contact the DOC Communications Office.

Public Records Requests

Please visit the Public Records Request page for information on filing a public records request. Please note that you will be leaving the official DOC web​site.

Legal Advice

The Department of Corrections cannot provide legal advice to members of the public, inmates, or offenders. For information regarding legal representation, please visit the State Bar of Wisconsin website.

Finding Information Regarding an Inmate or Offender

Publicly-available information regarding current inmates and offenders is available on DOC's Inmate and Offender Search. Information regarding court cases is available on the Wisconsin Court System's Circuit Court Access website. 

Information regarding inmates in Wisconsin county jails is available on VINELink and information regarding inmates in federal custody is available on the Federal Bureau of Prisons website.

DOC has limited information available regarding inmates or offenders who have been released from DOC custody or discharged from community supervision. The Wisconsin Historical Society maintains some historical records of inmates formerly in DOC custody. 

Questions Regarding Adult Inmates

If you wish to contact us regarding an adult inmate in DOC custody or DOC adult correctional facility, please contact the facility directly or contact the Division of Adult Institutions

Additional information is also available on sending money, mail, or property to an inmate; visiting an inmate; or receiving a phone call from an inmate.

Questions Regarding Offenders

If you wish to contact us regarding an offender on active DOC community supervision, please contact the appropriate probation and parole unit directly or contact the Division of Community Corrections. Community supervision includes offenders on probation, parole, or extended supervision.

Questions Regarding Registered Sex Offenders

You may visit the Wisconsin Sex Offender Registry website to obtain information about a specific individual required to register or to view general registry information.

If you have a tip regarding a registered sex offender, please call DOC's Safe Tip Line at 1-877-234-0085.

If you are a registered sex offender updating your registration, please call 608-240-5830. 

Questions Regarding Youth

If you wish to contact us regarding a youth in DOC custody or on juvenile community supervision, please contact the Division of Juvenile Corrections.

Doing Business with the Department of Corrections

If you wish to do business with the Wisconsin Department of Corrections, please register on the State of WI eSupplier website. DOC does not accept unsolicited business inquiries.

Invoices, Checks, and Financial Transactions


If you wish to inquire about an invoice, check, or financial transaction, please contact the Bureau of Financial and Administrative Services. Please note this does not include financial transactions involving inmates or offenders on community supervision

Employment Verification

If you wish to verify the employment of a current or former DOC employee, please e-mail

Contact DOC

If your question wasn't answered above, please contact the Department of Corrections.